1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

65 engine id stickers

(1/2) > >>

Bartman:
Hi. I have a question for all the experts on this site!  Was there an engine id sticker placed on 65 Hipo engines?  I know that engine labels were attached to the front driver side valve cover on 289's, but were the chrome Hipo valve covers labeled as well?  I have never seen a photo of one on a Hipo. I received label C1 554J for my car and just wondering where it would have been placed?  Maybe it was not required as it would have been obvious with the chrome valve covers.
Thanks
Bartman

carlite65:
no decals on any 289 valve covers. the decal you purchased goes on the flat of the waterpump pass side.

Bartman:
Thanks for the clarification. Does anyone have a photo of the placement to share?
Thanks

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bartman on June 26, 2017, 08:35:59 PM ---Was there an engine id sticker placed on 65 Hipo engines? 

--- End quote ---

Just above where the bottom radiator hose attaches

--- Quote from: Bartman on June 26, 2017, 08:35:59 PM ---I know that engine labels were attached to the front driver side valve cover on 289's, but were the chrome Hipo valve covers labeled as well? 
--- End quote ---

Must be looking at other years as that practice did not start until 67

--- Quote from: Bartman on June 26, 2017, 08:35:59 PM ---I have never seen a photo of one on a Hipo. I received label C1 554J for my car and just wondering where it would have been placed?  Maybe it was not required as it would have been obvious with the chrome valve covers.

--- End quote ---

Non-K code V8 engines had their stickers applied to the coil and over the coil brackets vertically like 1966 at least to the later built engines

Bartman:
Awesome thank you guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version