1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Boss

1970 Boss 302 carpet

(1/4) > >>

HDAshmore:
Is there any difference in the carpet for a 1970 Sportsroof and a 1970 Boss 302 with Décor group interior.  The color is Black for both.

Thanks
Dan

J_Speegle:
Believe originally they were one in the same. Have owned other decor interior body types and that was the way they were.  Would post pictures but in general most owners like to hide them under mats :( 

rockhouse66:
FYI, no toe pad.

7mustangs:
So, I bought mew carpet for my 70 Boss and the front part ends on the floor pan just below where the raised panel for the seat is. My other 69 fastback has the carpet overlapping under the seat frame. Which is correct? Also, is the toe pad that smaller vinyl piece on the side of the shifter hump? Thanks

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 7mustangs on November 12, 2020, 12:24:41 AM ---So, I bought mew carpet for my 70 Boss and the front part ends on the floor pan just below where the raised panel for the seat is. My other 69 fastback has the carpet overlapping under the seat frame.Which is correct? 
--- End quote ---

Here is the best I can do from the pictures  I have. Hope they help

Would suggest you try and adjust it as far back as possible (given other edges that still need to be where they need to be) to provide a lip for the rear section to cover

--- Quote from: 7mustangs on November 12, 2020, 12:24:41 AM ---Also, is the toe pad that smaller vinyl piece on the side of the shifter hump? Thanks

--- End quote ---

Yes if your reproduction has a pad on the drives side to the right of the  accelerator pedal that is a toe pad and originally your car would not have one. You and order reproduction without the toe pad (you really should not have to ask) but so many cars have reproduction carpet in their car they are replacing owners assume that the pad is original

Toe pad example from an earlier Mustangs

Original standard carpet for 1970 Mustangs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version