1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

69 grille

(1/4) > >>

DEWilson:
  Hi  i see in past post that the grill is stated to be painted and code is ppg 32947  so have found it is called charcoal gray    have found this mix code was also used on 73 -78 Pontiac wheels trim paint.. so what i am looking for is if there is any pic of the 69 grille showing factory paint   

7Lscjracer:
I don't know who said that, but my original 69 plastic grill is just plain black plastic.
I still have my car bought over 36 years ago as an unrestored original.
Sounds like the same idea as those steering wheel restoration companies painting them when they're colored plastic to begin with.

Brian Conway:
Ditto on the black plastic grill.  The headlight surrounds were dipped in black paint.  Brian

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 7Lscjracer on August 09, 2017, 07:55:57 PM ---I don't know who said that, but my original 69 plastic grill is just plain black plastic.

--- End quote ---

The color came from a paint chart from the period if I recall correctly.  None of the originals (non-NOS) I've had were strong black like other plastic parts on the car that were black by comparison

Don't recall seeing evidence of drips or run off from dipping of the inner (high beam) light rings. Will dig some out to see what I can find when I can get to them

Brian Conway:
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=4441.msg24728#msg24728

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version