1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 Glove Box Light ?

(1/2) > >>

J_Speegle:
Maybe I've forgotten it but can't recall if the glove box light was an option or part of a package.  Sure a number of you know, just something that has slipped my memory for the moment and the idea/thought was brought to mind while looking/researching the painting of the glove box question in the other thread

Thanks

196667Bob:
Jeff : Part of the "Light Group Option.

Bob

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 196667Bob on August 17, 2017, 08:57:27 PM ---Jeff : Part of the "Light Group Option.

--- End quote ---

Thanks

Was it a stand alone or part of another package?

Have a ton of cars with them but without trunk lights (ie luggage compartment light) or engine compartment light  as listed in the "Light group-Courtesy" option

Looking through my copies of Marti reports didn't find many cars with that option chosen. Maybe one in every ten cars.  Not counting 67 Shelby's where it was part of the package.

Maybe its just the odds and a result of having a collection of random data points.

67gta289:
My Dec 66 SJ fastback interior decor has the glovebox light plus a locking glove box.  However it does not have the courtesy light group.  I haven't figured this one out myself. 

196667Bob:
Jeff : What is really interesting with this is that neither the glove compartment light nor the glove compartment lock were even shown as "Accessories".. However, both could be purchased as Service Parts (C3AZ-14413-A and C6OZ-6206081-B respectively). John and I had quite a discussion about this a couple years ago, trying to figure out just what he had. What makes John's really unique, is that IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong John), John's glove compartment light wire does not have the Service Part number stamped on it, but the Factory Part number. Initially, one might think that this was a later Option and that is why it doesn't show up in the Showroom Option Catalog, or the Salesman's Price Book of Options. However, with John's car being a December 1966 Car, that doesn't hold any water. Possibly a Plant Option ? Are the ones you have pictures of from all 3 plants ?

As John noted, he is still trying to figure this one out, as am I.

Anyone who can "shed some light" (pun intended) on this, I'm sure would be appreciated by many.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version