Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Guide to Original Hood Hinges and Springs

(1/3) > >>

Anghelrestorations:
Created a new guide to show the differences on original hood hinges and springs used between 1965 and 1970.  Any comments let me know....

http://anghelrestorations.com/uploads/3/5/1/2/35122002/hood_hinges_v1.1.pdf

Brian Conway:
Nice bit of work thank you.   Identifying difference's between the 67-68 hood hinge and 69-70 version is the upper arms  are ' cut differently '.  The upper arm on my 69 measure's end to end  11".  Same for the 67-68 ?  Brian

Anghelrestorations:
Brian....I didnt really look at those measurements, but wanted to just give people just a quick visual guide on the difference.  If you look at it you can see the difference and no mistake which hinge you have. 

jwc66k:
Marcus,
You did it again. Great article.
Jim

J_Speegle:
One thought that struck me as soon as I opened the article was that the first pictures are not in cronilogical order like the next page and pictures are

Just a fine detail but thought I would mention it  since it looked out of place is a way

Your list the S1 hood springs for the 65-66 Shelby but you might include a foot note to see the description on the following page where it explains that that spring may not be correct or be only one of two originally used. You might also consider to include that no springs were used on some early Shelby applications ;)

As always great effort - just a couple of things that stood out in a quick look

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version