Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Processes, Products & Techniques

Headlights aiming tool

(1/3) > >>

preaction:
I tried to do this with the info given in a shop manual for aiming headlights, 25' from a wall and using tape to get the needed adjustments it seems OK but I never felt very confidant about my efforts. Recently I have seen headlight aiming devices ones that seem to be of this period of use for sale sometimes for less than $50. Does anyone remember what types were used and maybe a model number for a after market model of one of these tools. It seems the rotunda type setups have been horded away long ago.

J_Speegle:
The plants and dealerships would have used the Rotunda ones not sure if they were rebadged ones another company made in that period but that does not seem to be the case for most Rotunda tools

KevinK:
I have a set I bought at a swap meet for $2.00. It came with the NOS 69 adapters. Burried in a box someplace in my garage.

Texas Swede:
One good thing with Sweden's annual car inspection, they test your headlight adjustment and if they are
out of alignment most inspectors are kind to adjust them for you, if you like with my 67 Shelby have taken off the
outer trim rings first and have a screw driver handy.
Texas Swede

67gtasanjose:
I used the "Hoppy" branded adjusters many times before. They have adjustments for floor inclination (as needed). Suction cup attachment using the large round adapters (or small round for a 69). Just a simple lining up of two mirror reflection images after setting the up/down setting. Perfect every time with those. Some later kits have the adapters for square and the very latest versions could have some of the various adapters for the euro-design headlights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version