Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

New Autolite AR32 plugs??

(1/2) > >>

5F08KGT:
Has anyone seen these?  They seem to indicate that they are for use in HP engines such as the 289 HiPo......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autolite-AR32-Racing-Spark-Plug-SET-8-EIGHT-fits-BF12-RF9YC-AP8FS-/172621360331?epid=112663708&hash=item283108eccb:g:0g0AAOSwLpdW~NVv&vxp=mtr

5F08KGT:
 Certainly are not concours correct, but seem to be a good alternative for folks that DRIVE their HP Fords......

I wonder if they COULD make reproduction BF32s with the stars that are so expensive to buy NOS of?

5F08KGT:
I believe I'm a bit late to the party-guess these plugs have been out a while........

That said, over 60 people have viewed my post and no one has commented.......

Has anyone used/tried these plugs?

I guess folks that are sitting on hundreds of sets of STAR and NON-star BF32s won't want to see them reproduced........

preaction:
The ad says they are racing plugs and interchangeable with BF 12 plugs which would NOT be recamended for street use. AR32 does not make a BF32.  Also there is a replacement BF32 just Google it.

5F08KGT:
I never saw the cross reference to BF 12 plugs. I know that the current Autolite 45 is close to the BF 32s..but not exact.

I have no real ideas as to what a "racing plug" is except most are "colder" than stock plugs.

I'm trying to contact Autolite to speak with a human being to confirm yea or nay if the AR32 is an exact replacement for the BF32 as they seem to be indicating....

WHAT plugs, BESIDES NOS BF32s is everyone running in engines that the originals were BF32?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version