1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 289 Drivers Side Thermactor hose to AC pump Loop

(1/3) > >>

67gtasanjose:
Admin Note: Original title from original thread - WTB 1 Thermactor hose hoop/holder 376906-S  from 67 Mustang Chassis Assy. Manual

I have had a member let me "borrow" his thermactor hose holder and will be making another one.

The question I have is "How far was this item "DIPPED", all the way or part way? If part way, what is typical?

J_Speegle:
Moved this section of a wanted ad away from there since it has become a discussion of the details rather than finding one ;)   Easier for future visual searches this way

--- Quote from: 67gtasanjose on October 19, 2017, 04:42:47 PM ---I have had a member let me "borrow" his thermactor hose holder and will be making another one.

The question I have is "How far was this item "DIPPED", all the way or part way? If part way, what is typical?

--- End quote ---

The 67 appears to be the same as the ones used on 66 Thermactor 1/AC cars. Looks like they were coated (like other AC application bands) just short of where the mounting bolt holes are, giving enough room to clear the bolt head and its rotation.

67 small bock

66 small block

Hope this helps

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on October 19, 2017, 06:25:55 PM ---Moved this section of a wanted ad away from there since it has become a discussion of the details rather than finding one ;)   Easier for future visual searches this way
The 67 appears to be the same as the ones used on 66 Thermactor 1/AC cars. Looks like they were coated (like other AC application bands) just short of where the mounting bolt holes are, giving enough room to clear the bolt head and its rotation.
...Hope this helps

--- End quote ---

Yes, I had began another thread so I will delete that one and move this single post over here also.

I am restoring one of these and making another couple of them.
DESCRIPTION:
7/8W, 245/640AL, 1 3/16 LOOP, 15/32 HOLE, RUBBER

Can this be better deciphered?

I get 7/8" wide (makes sense)
not sure what 245/64OAL is or is it 245/640AL What does this mean?
1-3/16" loop (makes sense)
15/32" hole (makes sense)
Rubber (Rubber Coated Steel, as seen in Jeffs images)

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: 67gtasanjose on October 19, 2017, 06:48:43 PM ---Yes, I had began another thread so I will delete that one and move this single post over here also.

I am restoring one of these and making another couple of them.
DESCRIPTION:
7/8W, 245/640AL, 1 3/16 LOOP, 15/32 HOLE, RUBBER

Can this be better deciphered?

I get 7/8" wide (makes sense)
not sure what 245/64OAL is or is it 245/640AL What does this mean?
1-3/16" loop (makes sense)
15/32" hole (makes sense)
Rubber (Rubber Coated Steel, as seen in Jeffs images)

--- End quote ---
Read it again. It is written "2 (a space is present on the size/dimension column of the spreadsheet) 45/64OAL (overall length)".
(There is no "dash -" between 1 and 3/16.)
Jim

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on October 19, 2017, 07:30:51 PM ---Read it again. It is written "2 (a space is present on the size/dimension column of the spreadsheet) 45/64OAL (overall length)".
(There is no "dash -" between 1 and 3/16.)
Jim

--- End quote ---

Jim, I wondered if it was overall length but the numbers do not seem to make any clear sense to me. After viewing and measuring an original, and if I understand correctly, this (your description) would then read "2 AND 45/64ths overall length" then? (slightly under 2-3/4"? ~actual measurement slightly UNDER 2-1/2" ~see attached picture) The loop inside the strap is very close to 1 3/16 inch diameter, so in my previous comment/question, I took a bit of liberty and "inserted the 'dash'" because that works within "my brain" to connect the "2" to the "fraction". Sorry to confuse things if I did.

The Borrowed one has arrived today and I am studying the dimensions and surface finishes. The metal strap (16/18 gauge steel .052" thick measured), if it were to be rolled out and laid flat on the the desk, measures 7/8 inch wide by 6 inches long. (I cut a 7/8ths inch wide piece of paper and wrapped around the outside of the metal to determine the overall length of the strap) The 90 degree Bend in the loop, is also approximately 7/8th of an inch from the end. The holes measure very close to 1/2 inch diameter.

Inside of the loop, there was a good stretch of the rubber coating. Underneath the coating, it appears to have a green tint to the finish. Everywhere else looks to be over natural steel with some signs of having been painted perhaps.

I have attached some pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version