Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

358352-S - J-Clip -

(1/8) > >>

jwc66k:
Enclosed are pictures and drawings of 358352-S, J-Clip, used on 67-70 Mustangs with air conditioning. The clip is attached to the firewall to retain three vacuum hoses from the valve and vacuum tank. As far as I can determine, there is no Ford drawing available from any current documentation.
I borrowed a Clip and made a sketch, pic 1
- took a picture of my sample, pic 2
- included the installation of the clip, pic 3. from the 67 Mustang Electrical Assembly Manual (E7-8650-2, AM0018 pg 76).
Item 15 is the clip; item 23 is the screw, 42067-S8; item 24 is the washer, 44711-S8; item 29 is the location and hole drilling information as shown on the drawing. The hardware indicated apply to only 67 and 68 Mustangs.
Jim

J_Speegle:
An example from each year

196667Bob:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on November 04, 2017, 02:45:14 PM ---Enclosed are pictures and drawings of 358352-S, J-Clip, used on 67-70 Mustangs with air conditioning. The clip is attached to the firewall to retain three vacuum hoses from the valve and vacuum tank. As far as I can determine, there is no Ford drawing available from any current documentation.

--- End quote ---

Jim : I am inclined to agree with you. I have checked my different "Ford Standard and Utility Parts Catalogs from 1954-1983 ; my OSI's from 1965-72, my MPC's, and my December 1966 Parts Price List, and that number does not show up in any of them.
I have seen this occur before on different hardware parts, and there are usually two reasons for it ; either the Part # shown in the Assembly Manual is an Engineering Part #, or, more likely, this was an "Assembly Line Only" part that was not "Serviced".

Interesting "aside" though, is that I found that Part # 358350-S100 appears identical with the exception that the 1/8" inch "step" you show is missing (at least in the generic drawing and description). This part had many applications dating back to at least 1954, so should be fairly easy to come by. Then it would just be a matter of adding the "step". Just a thought.

Bob

preaction:
Also used for 67 tilt swing away  vacuum lines. Jeff's pics seem to show 3 different fasteners too.

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: preaction on November 05, 2017, 06:14:59 PM ---Also used for 67 tilt swing away  vacuum lines.

--- End quote ---
This is one of those area not well documented, but the 67 and 68 Chassis Assembly manuals (pgs 46, 47 for 67 and 68 for 68) show the hose routed to the right of the installation of 358352-S, thru what appears to be a grommet, 357064-S, in the firewall (description corrected in the spreadsheets, still no documentation) to the steering column area (ref 67 Electrical Assembly manual) where the hose conveniently, does not appear.

--- Quote from: preaction on November 05, 2017, 06:14:59 PM ---Jeff's pics seem to show 3 different fasteners too.

--- End quote ---
I thought so as well. The clip in the third picture appears to be "thin", like a standard wiring clip. Look closely and just maybe it's - well, it probably worked. The last one is most likely out of focus, or distorted when blown up.
For 69 and 70 only a screw was used, no washer, so those would appear different.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version