Author Topic: Rangoon Red  (Read 737 times)

Offline MustangAndFairlane1867

Rangoon Red
« on: November 15, 2017, 10:51:14 PM »
I'm trying to determine what the original Rangoon Reds on early '65 Mustangs actually looked like and my question comes down to this: could it be described as a red with an orange tint, or was it a light red without a hint of orange?  Thanks, Ron

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Rangoon Red
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:47:54 PM »
I'm trying to determine what the original Rangoon Reds on early '65 Mustangs actually looked like and my question comes down to this: could it be described as a red with an orange tint, or was it a light red without a hint of orange?  Thanks, Ron
I don't know if this would be helpful but interestingly some years ago I had to color match a 289 Cobra that was Rangoon Red and to my surprise it was virtually a exact match to Ferrari Red. Just my experience at the time.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline MustangAndFairlane1867

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:20:40 PM »
Bob--That's really interesting that the Ferrari red was a match for Rangoon Red.  I'm going to do a search on Google Images to see if I can pull up a color picture of a red Ferrari.  Was/is there only one red used by Ferrari all these years, or do I have to be more specific?  Thanks, Ron...

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »
Bob--That's really interesting that the Ferrari red was a match for Rangoon Red.  I'm going to do a search on Google Images to see if I can pull up a color picture of a red Ferrari.  Was/is there only one red used by Ferrari all these years, or do I have to be more specific? Thanks, Ron...
You will have to ask someone else about that. I don't pay too much attention to Ferrari's because they are hard to make out in my rear view mirror. :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby