1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

65 Standard Instrument Cluster Finish

(1/3) > >>

ChrisV289:
What is the correct black supposed to be in the 64-65 instrument bezel?  I bought a new one from NPD (the chrome on the original was not up to concours standards) and the black seems to be flatter than my original housing and what I see as far as the NOS pieces on ebay.  I believe my dad repainted it at one time so I can’t say it is original but compared to the NOS pieces it looks the same.  My glove box door is also not as flat as the new bezel either. 

CharlesTurner:
It should be relatively flat, satin at most.  The idea was to reduce glare where possible... which for 65 was kind of a joke with all the other chrome/stainless bits everywhere that could blind one on a sunny day.

michaelvonlanthen:
Just received my NOS (or Service part?) 64 1/2-65 instrument bezel. Here some photos of it.
P.S. there is no part number or logo on the back visible - normal?

ChrisV289:
My original did not have any part number on it but had a lightgray back to it.  Repro was all chrome in the back.  Here are some comparisons of the finish.  Reproduction on top, original on bottom...

jwc66k:
There should be Ford part numbers and a FOMOCO (in a box) logo on the back side of all the pieces, except the lens, if it's original or NOS.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version