Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Door strikers

(1/2) > >>

Armond:
I have a pair of strikers here.   I know the one on the right is 69/70 as they are 90% of what I do. Looking at the one on the left, dated 1969, I have a pair of these, they came off a car I parted long ago.  Was it a plant thing, a time thing ect.  Both marked ACC and dated, but they are not the same.  Any idea's?   I did a search and found nothing on it.

Bossbill:
At least 3 of my Mustangs have a striker with the correct date for their year. I haven't checked the 70.
My two 65s and the 67 stamp the year in middle of the "post".
The reproductions don't have a date -- I wonder if there is a point deduction in concours for not having the date? It's really obvious once you see it and then you can't un-see it!

I'll have to check the 70, now that you mention it.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bossbill on January 10, 2018, 10:53:28 PM ---The reproductions don't have a date -- I wonder if there is a point deduction in concours for not having the date? ................

--- End quote ---

IF your asking about MCA, SAAC or Mid America Concours class judging no that dates would not be included. Can't respond for other venues

Armond:
I'm not talking about date codes, but about the style, look at the top of the post. One with lines thru it and one without. When I mentioned dates I was referring to the style coming into use, plant thing?
 Sorry for the confusion.

J_Speegle:
Didn't expect to find many examples in my picture collection as the area is not one of the normal ones I shoot. Most of these came from pictures provided by others but still a very small sampling considering 2 years, 3 plants and 2 makes of cars - included Cougars also just in increase the possibility of finding additional samples

No Lines
9F91M9803xx
9R01T1465xx
9R02H131xxx (1/8/69)
9R02H135xxx
9F02F176xxx
9F02M192xxx
0F91G509xxx (9/69)
0F02G142xxx
0R05M132xxx
0T05R156xxx
0T02G112xxx