Author Topic: Transmission Mount Markings?  (Read 730 times)

Offline ChrisV289

Transmission Mount Markings?
« on: January 10, 2018, 09:05:30 PM »
Mount appears to be original with a C4ZA part number. Found a yellow tab towards the back which I have seen before and then two orange stripes I guess on the top that would be hidden once installed. Anyone else see this before? I forgot to look under the transmission before dropping it off.
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Transmission Mount Markings?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 08:45:49 PM »
Have not seen the orange marks before on that type of mount
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Maksim27

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 04:11:03 AM »
Were the transmission mounts bare metal or painted semi gloss on San Jose Mustangs in early 1966.  How about the stud threads, were they phosphate or painted.  Was the stud plate bare metal or painted.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 01:33:46 PM »
Were the transmission mounts bare metal or painted semi gloss on San Jose Mustangs in early 1966.  How about the stud threads, were they phosphate or painted.  Was the stud plate bare metal or painted.
I have seen C4ZA originals a couple different ways. .Some were painted semigloss black up to but not including studs which look to be phosphate. The more typical way is rubber coating in the middle and out partially to the bolt holes the top a was bare steel or phosphate and the bottom in the center and studs are bare steel or phosphate .It is most likely a different mfg.thing IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Snydly289

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 02:55:36 PM »
I found a similar single orange stripe on my used service replacement C8ZA transmission mount on my 65 Kar. I also found blotchy white paint on the back flat face. This picture was a couple hours after evaporust.
65 K Code Fastback -5F09K325XXX, Oct. '64, Vintage Burg, Rally Pac, Arvinode Exh, lots '64 items
66 A Code GT Coupe -4 speed, bench Seat, P/S, A/C, Rally Pac, handling package, 8 track
66 A Code Fastback -Built 302, 66 S2MS Intake, WC T-5, 4-wheel Wilwoods, locking 9"
66 T Coupe
65 T Code Fastback