1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

drum brake components: reuse?

(1/9) > >>

evantugby:
Gents,
Are you guys typically reusing these components for the drum brakes? Or are you replacing them? I have no way to tell if they are original or not, can you guys?

The far left item (parking brake lever) does say FoMoCo and KH 47855 so perhaps original...?

carlite65:
i have reused those many times. cleaned up lubed & installed.

67gtasanjose:
Looks just like the ones I just removed from my '67, even has the backwards wound 'black' anchor spring, (forwards wound anchor springs are light blue).
I just bought a new Bendix set to mix and match with my originals. They have some parts plated correctly, other parts are not. For example, the round discs are originally di-chromate as well as the auto adjuster arm. The replacements are both zinc plated. I'll likely send out these original adjuster arms and the replacement discs whenever I get a batch together of similar needs. If that day doesn't arrive, they are going in as zinc (easy enough to fix later if I choose).

evantugby:
I just cleaned up my other parking brake lever and it says Bendix on it, not KH. So obviously one side has been replaced.

67350#1242:
A mix of Bendix and K/H brake assemblies has been documented as original to some cars:

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=17383.msg109550#msg109550

You should know this before throwing anything out.
Kurt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version