1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

Spindle Paint Marks on 1966 Metuchen built K-code

(1/4) > >>

evantugby:
Gents,
I've reviewed a few posts on this site and didn't find any comments pertaining to found paint marks on spindles for my kar.  Tony Gregory's book indicates pink dot on each side but I've seen different markings on SJ built kars. 

Question 1:  What does your research show for paint markings on Metuchen?
Question 2:  Also how are you replicating the smaller machined surfaces where the four bolts/nuts mount the backing plate and spindle together?  I don't have anything small enough to put on my wizzy-wheel for this small circular area. 

Thanks,

Evan

evantugby:
Is this a difficult one?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: evantugby on February 23, 2018, 11:56:46 PM ---Is this a difficult one?

--- End quote ---

Yes in ways it is.

As for your small machined surfaces try a Drimmel (s?) tool or a knock off of one

ChrisV289:
Have you tried soaking the spindles in evaporust?  They make a big 5 gallon bucket you can order from O'reilly Auto which is perfect and big enough to soak them in. 

evantugby:
Jeff,
Great idea on the dremel.  I do have one of those but which attachment/material?   

Chris,
My spindles have been blasted, blued, quenched in oil and wiped with a steel wool already.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version