1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

1970 Trunk Lock Clip

(1/2) > >>

1970 Snake:
So I need to ask a silly question, does anyone have a picture of the factory installed spring horseshoe shaped clip that holds the trunk key lock in place.
I am not sure if it goes from the top or bottom and does the little hole in the middle secure to anything? Just want to get it right the first time on new paint.

krelboyne:
I believe that the little hole is for using a hook like tool for removal. The door lock cylinder clips should not have the hole.

Sorry, I do not know the position for mounting.

J_Speegle:
Very hard detail to find in a picture and even capture with all the stuff in the way.

Here is an example of a 70 Dearborn that appears to have been inserted from the passenger side (as if it were int he workers right hand moving towards their left) horizontally

Brian Conway:
In 69 on the East Coast they did it from the Left side.  Brian

1970 Snake:
Thanks guys, so it looks like the clip is installed from the side not the top or bottom, good to know. And is probably installed either side depending on whether the installer was left handed or right handed. My car is 70 Dearborn so will install clip from the right side as indicated in Jeff's picture, although I am left handed, LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version