1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

Is this radiator correct for my NJ 1966 K-code?

(1/3) > >>

evantugby:
Gents,
When I bought my kar it came with a DEP C4ZE 8005 radiator with G1 5HB stamp that was in the trunk of the kar. 

Question 1:  Would this have been original to my kar considering the date stamp and where the stamp is located? 

Question 2:  Does anyone in the nation offer services to restore these radiators?

My kar's info
Metuchen built
Oct/Nov 1965 scheduled build date

Evan

CharlesTurner:
It's a correct Dearborn/Metuchen radiator for a 4sp.  Date is a bit off, but I would think it's close enough.

evantugby:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on February 25, 2018, 12:00:08 AM ---It's a correct Dearborn/Metuchen radiator for a 4sp.  Date is a bit off, but I would think it's close enough.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Caspian,

I think I would like to restore it and put it back in my engine bay.  I have quote requests into three radiator restoration shops in the U.S.A. 

sgl66:
I have tanks and straps for a DEP 4 speed radiator that needs to be re-cored and have been to this place with them https://www.gtradiators.com/

They quoted me about $500. They do a lot of classic radiator restorations. When I was there last year they had a backlog of old Bugatti radiators they were working on. Whatever you do, make sure they put in the same # fins per inch which for the G1 should be 15

evantugby:

--- Quote from: 65Autolite on February 26, 2018, 01:08:18 AM ---Looking at your radiator if it were me I would remove the straps with a blow torch, strip the paint on them, lightly wet sand under running water in the rusted areas (600 grit?), rinse throughly, then fully submerge them both in Evaporust for 24 hours or more to really clean them up. I do not see radiator shops wanting to put that kind of effort and time into getting the rails right (takes me hours), instead most shops will likely take a short cut with a media blaster.

--- End quote ---

Is there a concern with a radiator restoration shop using a media blaster on the radiator?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version