Author Topic: Horn wiring detail  (Read 1115 times)

Offline jmeatman40

Horn wiring detail
« on: September 19, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
Hello,I have been reading for awhile now and finally joined your site.I love it better than the others I have seen.The detail information is superior to any others.I am currently doing some work on my 65 A code coupe.What I wanted to now for the concourse driven class is should the horn wires from the radiator support to the horn itself be painted black.I have seen a few others painted and others not.My car is a SJ built feb 26th.Also should the tab on the stone sheild that bolts to the latch support also be blacked out?
my vin and door numbers are 5r07a191556  65a y 22  26b 71 1 6. thanks in advance for the help. Jim

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Horn wiring detail
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »
From that time period in production, typical to see the horn wires blacked out with sealant, like used on the firewall.  Don't think they were blacking out the tab at San Jose at that time, Jeff might be able to answer that one better.

Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Horn wiring detail
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »
...................Also should the tab on the stone sheild that bolts to the latch support also be blacked out?
my vin and door numbers are 5r07a191556  65a y 22  26b 71 1 6. thanks in advance for the help. Jim

Really need to double check my pictures to make sure of the correct response ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:08:27 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)