Author Topic: Quarter Window Re-Assembly  (Read 1292 times)

Offline kutzoh

• Gold Level Subscriber
Quarter Window Re-Assembly
« on: September 26, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »
I got my rear quarter window frames back from Qual-Krom and I think I'm ready to reinstall them. I think I understand how everything connects but in what order should I do the re-installation? Generally speaking: Would the aluminum plate be attached first on the "outside", the crank mechanism attached next, then does the window frame slide between the two. Obviously any help would be appreciated.

Greg
64.5 Dearborn coupe, D-Code, June 28, 1964   Skylight Blue

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Quarter Window Re-Assembly
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 11:54:46 PM »
Are you using an original gasket or glass tape?  If you're using glass tape, will be a little tough, but do-able.  I usually start the glass into the chromed frame, get it snug and then set the top of the stainless channel to get the 2 screws started up top.  Tap the stainless with a rubber hammer until the lower screw holes line up. 
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline sparky65

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »
Generally speaking: Would the aluminum plate be attached first on the "outside", the crank mechanism attached next, then does the window frame slide between the two. Obviously any help would be appreciated.

I just did this to my 67 so not sure how much is the same.  I put the aluminum plate in but didn't attach the top bolts.  I also put the window crank in but left the track which mounts to the inside off.  I then slid the window in got the one regulator roller in the window track and then installed the other track.  Next install all the stops and bolt everything in place.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline kutzoh

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:25:32 PM »
Thanks Steve, that's what I was looking for. When I removed the windows 2 years ago, I just kept removing bolts till everything came out. Figured there was a little more "order" to put it all back together.

Greg
64.5 Dearborn coupe, D-Code, June 28, 1964   Skylight Blue