Author Topic: 65 Convertible Top Header Details  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Ivygreen65

65 Convertible Top Header Details
« on: October 15, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »
I'm getting the top frame on my convertible ready to have the top installed.  Unfortunately, when I got my car, it had a bare top frame with no top, no weatherstrip, no anything other than the frame.  I've looked at the shop manual and the Osborn manuals regarding what goes on the front windshield header and I think I've got a pretty good grasp on how the weatherstrip retainer attaches, but does anyone have any pictures they could share that shows the front weatherstrip retainer installed.  Also, I believe the retainer is installed with clear zinc philips pan head screws (according to the assembly manual), but I would like confirmation.

If anyone has detailed top installation pictures that shows this area in detail, I would be very appreciative.  Any other detailing tips that would help me make sure I've got all my ducks in a row before top installation are always welcome.

Offline bryancobb

• Silver Level Subscriber
  • 2009 Ridn' Around
Re: 65 Convertible Top Header Details
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »
Hi,

There's a guy from Ausralia on the VMF Forum that goes by "Dalorzof," I think.
He put together a book that he intends to have published, that is the MOST DETAILED and ACCURATE documentation package ANYWHERE on 65 - 73 Mustang convertible top frames!

It has high res color pictures os everything, CAD drawings of every bolt, pin, etc.  I call it the "Bible" of the Mustang Convertible.  It gives step by step hoto instructions on the frame adjustment and top installation process

He is in the "tweeking" stage of getting the book ready for publication right now.  It is a PDF file.  He is seking feedback from users/readers.  I am reluctant to distribute it, because heput countless hours in collecting, compiling and editing his information. 

He has implied to me that it is not for me to distribute, but he is very gracious if you ask for it yourself.  I'm pretty sure he would gladly email it to you if you ask, and in return he will expect your feedback.  HE needs to be the one to do it.  Not me.

TRUST ME...You WANT this book!

I'll post a page to show you what it's like.

66 Metuch Conv
Nightmist, Std Blu Int
6T08C223904    76A       K         22       15c     21      6        6
                      BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  XMSN
   C/O  785                                   (rotation #)
   16    C14   6T08C223904        (weld bay 16, bucked MAR 14)

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 12:27:27 AM »
Hi,

There's a guy from Ausralia on the VMF Forum that goes by "Dalorzof," I think.
He put together a book that he intends to have published, that is the MOST DETAILED and ACCURATE documentation package ANYWHERE on 65 - 73 Mustang convertible top frames!
Hey Bryan,
I went over to the VMF site as suggested but it seems that Dalorzof has unfortunately passed away with cancer in around 2016/7. Is there any other way of getting a copy of his work?
66 Metuchen NJ  GT Coupe
Raven with Deluxe Black Int 289 A Code C4 PS Tinted Windows (Green) Dealer installed Rear Speaker
6T07A1612## Dec 65 Build
65 San Jose CA Convertible Rangoon Red with White Int and Power Top with plastic rear window 289 C Code C4 PS PB AC Fog Lights
5R08C1496## Oct 64 Build

Offline bryancobb

• Silver Level Subscriber
  • 2009 Ridn' Around
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 08:16:25 AM »
I just now saw this.  Please provide your email and if the document isn't too large, I will send it.

Bryan Cobb
66 Metuch Conv
Nightmist, Std Blu Int
6T08C223904    76A       K         22       15c     21      6        6
                      BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  XMSN
   C/O  785                                   (rotation #)
   16    C14   6T08C223904        (weld bay 16, bucked MAR 14)

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 04:57:14 PM »
Thanks Bryan,
I've sent you a PM.
66 Metuchen NJ  GT Coupe
Raven with Deluxe Black Int 289 A Code C4 PS Tinted Windows (Green) Dealer installed Rear Speaker
6T07A1612## Dec 65 Build
65 San Jose CA Convertible Rangoon Red with White Int and Power Top with plastic rear window 289 C Code C4 PS PB AC Fog Lights
5R08C1496## Oct 64 Build