Author Topic: 1694.5 Flasher location  (Read 102 times)

Offline Corey Bowcutt

1694.5 Flasher location
« on: April 13, 2024, 11:57:16 AM »
I have a 1964.5 Convertible project I am working on.  I have gotten everything to work except the turn signals.  I have checked all fuses and they are good.  My next step was to check the flasher but I cannot for the life of me find it.  Any suggestions on where to look?  I have looked at the electrical assembly manual and electrical diagrams and that has been no help.

Thank you,

Corey

Offline jwc66k

Re: 1694.5 Flasher location
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 02:37:27 PM »
An assembly line flasher "should be" in a bracket attached to the left vent, or very close to it. If you have a copy pf the 1964 Mustang Electrical Manual (AM0003), pg 15, it's shown as item 4.
If you are a "large" driver (I'm 6 ft), consider removing the driver's seat and placing a packing blanket on the floor. It goes easier on the back that way.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: 1694.5 Flasher location
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 10:39:50 PM »
Up until mid-1967, the turn signal flasher can power was ACC (non-fused) sourced; there was no fuse involved.  After that point, the turn signal slasher power was ACC fused, together with the radio and backup lights.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com