Author Topic: MCA - 2010 National Shows  (Read 11476 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
MCA - 2010 National Shows
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »
March  27-30, Pensacola, FL

June 4-6, Mustang, OK.

July 16-18, Belleview, WA (Grand National) 

August 13-15, Virginia Beach, VA

September 3-5, Asheville, NC
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 1MOTIME

Re: MCA - 2010 National Shows
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 04:18:28 PM »
With any measure of luck I will be attending all of these shows next year, hopefully showing my car and becoming a gold card judge. ;D
Johnny Knowles, Lebanon, TN
6F07C250136 - 2nd owner, 1966 289 C-code Emberglo coupe, Emberglo & Parchment Pony interior, visibility group option, 3 speed, power steering and power drum brakes, tinted glass, air conditioned

Certified judge, 64 1/2- 66  concours. Hoping for my Gold Card someday !

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »
as it looks now i will be able to make at least four of those shows.
5F09C331248

Offline criscoelectric

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »
Four shows are on my schedule.....I hope a Grand National comes East one of these days
1965 Coupe, 1995 GT Convertible, 1998 SVT Cobra

Offline 1MOTIME

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »
As do I!!!! ;D
6F07C250136 - 2nd owner, 1966 289 C-code Emberglo coupe, Emberglo & Parchment Pony interior, visibility group option, 3 speed, power steering and power drum brakes, tinted glass, air conditioned

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:37:57 PM »
The Grand National HAS been east for for more years than I count right now other than last year and next year.  Think how we feel out here, the Grand National in Utah last year was the first one in the west since the early 1980s!  Furthermore, we've never had an anniversary show out here.  I've worn out more tires on my trailer heading east to shows than I care to think about.  I stopped counting when I hit the 30,000-mile mark on the trailer.

MCA does not assign Grand Nationals, so if you want one in your area, talk to the eligible clubs near you and get them to apply.  To be eligible, they must have previously held a successful National, and preferably, at least two.  If they have questions, have them get in touch with me.  The application process is not difficult.

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

Offline 1MOTIME

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 11:51:51 PM »
Laurie, I am not complaining nor am I criticizing..I am just stating that I  myself, personally speaking,  would like to see one come closer back to the East than the shows moving farther and farther West and Northwest for 2 back to back shows..If I am wrong, I am sure you will correct me, but I seem to recall last year it being in Park City, Utah,  then this year there is no Grand National since the 45th knocked that one in the head, but next year we revert back to a Grand National and it is being held in a suburb of Seattle, Washington.  I enjoy traveling the country and seeing new sites, and I know that no one is holding a gun to my head, forcing me to go, and neither is anyone holding a gun to your temple or to anyone else's head.  We do it because we love the people and the cars and the places we visit.  I am glad that you made the long, long , long trip to Birmingham this year.  You and I finally met !  And Jeff came all the way to Raleigh...a terribly long distance for him..and Mike and Joyce Epperson came all the way from Utah to come to Indy...We all like to travel....I am only suggesting that the schedule try , I reiterate , TRY, to go from West to East to Middle to East to Middle to West and so on, if the clubs and be encouraged, bribed, cajoled, threatened, whatever it takes to get it all together, IF possible.

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 12:15:37 AM »
I definitely want the Grand National to move around the country, but clubs have to apply to make it happen.  The Grand National in Utah literally was a last minute replacement for an approved Grand National near Washington, D.C.  The National Capitol Mustang Club had to pull out because the host hotel was behind on its construction date.  We needed a club to step in and the Utah club did just that and did a great job.

I tried to get a club to apply for a Grand National for this year, and almost got the Oklahoma club to do so.  But, they were afraid of the competition from the 45th, which apparently all the other possible clubs were, also.  Then, because of the economy, we couldn't even get a fourth National for this year.  And, I'm sorry to say, we are way behind on applications for 2011 and on.

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

Offline 1MOTIME

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 12:21:04 AM »
Are invitations sent out to clubs  that have hosted a successful National show ? Are "want ads" put in the Mustang Times ?  Not criticizing, i just do not know and am asking.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 12:29:34 AM »
Hosting an MCA National is a hard sell to club members at the regional level.  In my local club, that just put on the Raleigh National, most of our members had never even been to an MCA National show before.  Now that they've seen what it is, they won't be so shy about doing another.  I can imagine that a lot of MCA regional clubs are like ours though.  Maybe if MCA offered more incentives for hosting Nationals, more clubs might be interested.

It would be nice to see Grand Nationals hosted by club's somewhere in middle-America.  To make them more accessible to everyone.

Offline 1MOTIME

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 12:32:14 AM »
What kind of incentives could be given? 

Offline 1MOTIME

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 12:36:03 AM »
I am a member of my local AACA chapter, and we just hosted our 1st National show in June..  We had close to 500 cars and our  little club with only 20 or so members put it on.  We were tired but thrilled to do it and we are actually talking about hosting another one when the schedule avails itself in 2013....Question..why does the MCA have difficulty finding clubs to host a National or a Grand National meet when the AACA is already booked up a few years  in advance ?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 12:39:47 AM »
What kind of incentives could be given?

Do some kind of $$ match for charity donation?

Discounted MCA membership for a year for existing and new members?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 12:42:57 AM »
If it's ok with you folks, I would like to move this discussion to a separate thread.  The original intent of the post was to have a placeholder for the 2010 MCA shows.  I should have locked it.  I can just re-name the title to this one and then create another one and lock it.

The thread has lots of good info, don't hold back!   :)

Offline 1MOTIME

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 12:44:26 AM »
You are the moderator and the man with the plan !  It is your game Charles!  And, thanks for establishing this site !