Author Topic: 69/70 hood locks  (Read 2625 times)

Offline mach1one

69/70 hood locks
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:32:26 PM »
On the rear side of the hood looks there is a thin keyhole washer tattached to the hood. my original is quite faded but it appears to be some sort of black shiny platind. are the aftermarket replacements the coorect color and are there any correct aftermarket locks available Thanks Lu

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 69/70 hood locks
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 02:40:13 PM »
I have always seen under side plate a black oxide. You will have to do your own checking on the repro replacements . I am not sure if that keyhole design is available repro.  I have been fortunate enough to have originals to use . Maybe others have some insight on the repros available . Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline astat1

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »
NPD sells "OEM" keyhole hood pin washers that differ greatly from the chrome/silver pieces that come with the replacement twist locks.  Are these what the originals look like?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:31:47 PM by astat1 »

Offline astat1

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 04:36:46 PM »
Received a response from another forum. These are the same type as on Vincent Liskas' original car. Also available from Jim Cowles.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 08:27:45 PM »
Received a response from another forum. These are the same type as on Vincent Liskas' original car. Also available from Jim Cowles.

As a general comment - just make sure your comparing apples with apples (early cars with early cars)  some details and parts can change during the year and 69's are no immune to this ;) As I'm sure you have discovered already
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)