Author Topic: Judging the newer cars  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Sunlitgold68

Judging the newer cars
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »
What are the judges looking for when they judge a newer car like a 1998 cobra? Cleanliness, low miles, originality?

I have a 98 cobra I ordered and purchased in April of 1998, it's been garaged every day and night and I've never touched it or changed anything on it but the air filter and oil filters. I've never thought about showing the car.

8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline Drakesnake

• Randy and Cyndi Drake
Re: Judging the newer cars
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »
Hello,
What is looked at depends on what you want it to be judged. By that I mean the MCA has several levels of judging, Daily driver, occasional driver or because the car is more than ten years old you can have it judged in the concours driven class with will look at condition cleanliest and originally
I have done this class for about 4 years it is a challenge but I have learned alot about the cars and
what to look for. I have gotten my certification and now a gold card in this class. If you want to see more of what they look for go the MCA web site and look at the judging sheets or email me and I will help in anyway that I can.
Randy Drake aka Drakesnake rldandcld@comcast.net
1997 Cobra Convertible, 2007 GT coupe, 2007 Cal-special coupe. Certified 3rd, certified 4th,certified 5th certified Cobra's and 4th generation Gold card MCA#56014