Author Topic: In love with Evaporust!  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Dave Stribling

In love with Evaporust!
« on: May 26, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »
Taking Charle's tip on Evaporust I made a tube out of schedule 40 PVC pipe and soaked the driveshaft for the Pace car coupe for about a week.  The results are amazing.

Note that one end is much cleaner than the other - I had used some older stuff and topped off with new, and the newer stuff worked much better.  I'm going to resoak the other end in fresh. This nasty driveshaft needs detailed, oild and installed - no buffing on sanding.  This stuff is awesome!

Dave

Offline janschutz

Re: In love with Evaporust!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 05:00:36 PM »
Dave,

I planning  to this exact thing this Saturday.  Did you remove all the oil/grease on the drive shaft first or just dunk it into the Evaporust?

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 05:03:05 PM »
the product will last longer & be more effective if degreased first. i use simple green @ 100%.
5F09C331248

Offline cobrajetchris

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 11:18:47 PM »
I tried EVAPRORUST for the first time a year ago and since become a local distributer in ST. LOUIS, MO. I use this product for many things. Not only does it remove rust but it also cleans up parts like taillight housings without removing the plating. It works great on derusting springs and small parts that are hard to blast and it will not profile the metal like a acid based product. I suggest buying 5 gallon quantities as you can put more larger parts in it and cost less than individual gallons that are sold at the retail outlets. I sell the 5 gallon pals for $100.00. I have not shipped any yet so not sure what that cost would be. Like the previous post said, the cleaner you keep the product the better it will work and last longer. I have got up to 4 months of dipping small parts in a 5 gallon pal. Obviously it varies on how much you dip in it, although I dipped several parts.
CHRIS KNOBBE
69 MUSTANG COUPE, DEARBORN BUILT 06/10/69 OWNED SINCE 1978
70 BOSS 302 MUSTANG, DEARBORN BUILT 10/24/69 OWNED SINCE 1987
69 R CODE MACH1 AUTO, DEARBORN BUILT 10/10/68 OWNED SINCE 2006
69 R CODE MACH1 4 SPEED (factory black) SAN JOSE BUILT 12/30/68 OWNED SINCE 2007