Author Topic: Console Plastic Type For Repair Purposes  (Read 2715 times)

Offline jwc66k

Re: Console Plastic Type For Repair Purposes
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2022, 01:21:19 PM »
What is the correct color for a black console?  And who makes the best rattle can?
Depending on the year (67 and up has two different "flavors" of black), match what the interior is. When you do paint the console, paint the whole thing, don't try to touch up existing paint. Time is your enemy with respect to paint.
As to the "best" rattle can, go with what NPD or Virginia Classic carries. Stay consistent.
Jim
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:24:29 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 11:52:45 PM »
One additional thought. Strip the old paint off first. I believe the recommended method is to use oven cleaner. Do a search on this forum for additional how to info.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 01:25:54 PM »
Another "thought". In conversations with Scott302 of NPD, he informed me that there is a shortage of cans of spray paints due to a lack of cans. That may have been resolved by now, I haven't looked or asked.
Jim