Author Topic: 68 Dearborn Taillight Housing Finishes  (Read 978 times)

Offline preaction

68 Dearborn Taillight Housing Finishes
« on: November 28, 2022, 06:08:39 PM »
NOTE: The following four posts were separated from another thread so we could focus on this particular year and plant

Its been some time for this thread Pete has commented that the tail light bucket for 68 is zinc for the inside bucket part that mounts the actual bulb and zinc dichromate for the outer larger part of the housing that is used to mount the assembly to the car but these answers were posted before a cars signature info were in common use would the zinc dichromate be typical for a 68 Dearborn car ? As I disassembled my taillight assemblies I did find a dichromate outer housing hiding under the dust. I'm asking as a recent members car thread had a San Jose built car that had tail light assemblies  restored to all zinc.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 08:56:49 PM by J_Speegle »
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline ruppstang

Re: Re: 68 Dearborn Taillight Housing Finishes
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 07:52:49 PM »
I do not think they were all zinc. I have found them both ways. I can check our 68 unrestored San Jose coupe.

Offline preaction

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 08:46:04 PM »
Jeff, thanks for the reply I just realized the thread says NJ in the title but my search didnt come up with anything more specific for Dearborn. To be honest I forgot about the unrestored car thread Im going to make a few reminders as I have a good way to go I will also be starting a members build thread shortly hopefully that may help.
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 08:53:47 PM »
Jeff, thanks for the reply I just realized the thread says NJ in the title but my search didn't come up with anything more specific for Dearborn. To be honest I forgot about the unrestored car thread Im going to make a few reminders as I have a good way to go I will also be starting a members build thread shortly hopefully that may help.

Yes since we have so many different sections and subsections and that one is further down the main page people often forget about. Just kindly trying to remind people of the resource and a place to start a look for their answers. No design is perfect just  trying to offer a site and information with some sort of framework and organization. :)

Since you brought up 68 Dearborn I'll separate these four posts and start a new thread with them. Then we can post and discuss those details - like the taillight housings just in case we run across the ever so often difference between plants and their suppliers
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:02:35 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)