1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

1969 rocker molding install

(1/4) > >>

69machjet:
 Hi I'm brand new to this forum and I love what I see! So I think I will be asking many question, but today I'm asking about the rocker moldings. First was this an option? Was it standard for a Mach 1? Also I have an 69 in primer and I'm thinking I want t put these on, so should I be doing something now before I paint? What is the procedure on the install for these thanks

69RavenConv:
The bright rocker molding was standard on the Mach I but they didn't get wheel well moldings. They're attached by a set of clips riveted to the rocker panel.

rharlan:
Not all rocker moldings are equal.The originals were tapered at the front end to fit were the fender flares out for the wheel well. A lot of the reproduction pieces do not have this taper. See circled area in photo. agreed they were standard on Mach 1s.

69RavenConv:

--- Quote from: jmlay on March 30, 2012, 12:58:36 AM ---The clips are on welded studs like the window clips.
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Mike, I stand corrected.

69machjet:
So should I put the studs on now? How do they go on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version