Author Topic: Help with concours heater plenum/diverter  (Read 1618 times)

Offline wcampbell

Help with concours heater plenum/diverter
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »
Hi all,

I'm in the process of restoring my concours '65 SJ Fastback and have completely rebuild the heater case/blower/core, etc. to concours condition. At this point I'm ready to move on to installing the defroster plenum in preparation of hanging the unit under the dash. Now being a concours restoration, I hope to opt for the more authentic and original cardboard style plenum instead of the overseas built plastic units more commonly seen. I have two original plenums in fair condition, but both need repair work of one type or another and I'm afraid to mess with either in fear of further damaging them. I was wondering - does anyone know of a resource that might be able to help fix/restore one of my cardboard originals or better yet, know of a source for a good concours worthy cardboard plenum? Any help or leads would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wayne
wandccampbell@hotmail.com

Offline ruppstang

Re: Help with concours heater plenum/diverter
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »
Wayne,
The ones I have are from 67-68 cars with later date codes. There have been threads here about restoring them that I think you will find helpful provided yours is not too bad. Marty