Author Topic: 65 Coupe front seat belt hardware  (Read 1529 times)

Offline austexstang

65 Coupe front seat belt hardware
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »
In my picture of the front seat belt hardware, in what order or location, do the rubber and metal washers go?  Thank you.

Offline jwc66k

Re: 65 Coupe front seat belt hardware
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »
The steel washers snug up to the shoulder of the bolt to stop the bolt from going in too deep into the body and the rubber washers should go on either side of the belt attaching piece (if you have eight in the kit, 66 does) or on the inside of the attaching piece. Assembly order, bolt (rubber washer), belt attaching piece (does it have a name), rubber washer, steel washer - body. That's the theory, but on the line it may have been put on at the head of the bolt. Also, there is supposed to be a small ring of strip calk between the steel washer and the body, that's the theory.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline austexstang

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »
Got it.  Thank you for the information.  The PO had installed aftermarket belts and used non OE hardware. 

Offline austexstang

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:08:56 PM »
Just noticed that the steel washers are slightly curved with a convex and concave side. When I do the install, will it be apparent which way the washer should face on the bolt?