Author Topic: Have seen alot of SVO's change hands lately !  (Read 2172 times)

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
Have seen alot of SVO's change hands lately !
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:05:59 AM »
Hello

(reality check)  I have seen alot of SVO's change hands lately !  (watching other forums)

For a few years only the high end cars were "trading privately" at some pretty high numbers.   Seems this flurry of activity has been on the lower end (read projects, lower priced). 

I read this as car guys are "FINDING" SVO's for what they are. A Sophisticated, Hi Performance car produced in "low numbers" !
That is a recipe for collectabilty.   

Mark
P.S.  Higher gas prices (remember a well tuned stock SVO can provided +25MPG all day long / with your foot out of it) as well as Fords new direction with ECOBoost didn't hurt bring it to the masses either !   
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline rodster

Re: Have seen alot of SVO's change hands lately !
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:43:12 AM »

Mark,

I've seen quite a few cars listed lately too. The whole range of conditions, from the poor overmodded trashed cars to the low mileage examples. Not seeing any real strong money for them and that makes me think about picking up another one!  :D 

Still shocked to see how hacked up some of them are.  :(  Not sure why someone would pick the SVO to do tasteless mods?  ::)

Oh yea and the 09 GT I just picked up will do 25+MPG highway cruising all day.  8)  I'm pleasantly surprised.

Rod
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A