Author Topic: 6T09C2860xx - Unrestored Late 66 NJ Fastback Pictures  (Read 5653 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 6T09C2860xx - Unrestored Late 66 NJ Fastback Pictures
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 09:24:09 PM »
I noticed the taillight housing spacers are not on this car, they are not on my unrestored 66 either and there are no marks in the paint that would lead me to believe they were ever there. Does it seem to be common they were left off of NJ cars?

Will have to look at more pictures to see if we have a pattern. 2 cars is IMHO not enough to make that assumption

Passenger side all studs and nuts with paint. Possibly the worker mixed passenger and drivers side up when doing final assembly?

Noticed the same thing and have not seen this before (not sure how you mix one side with another - but that would explain what we're seeing on this particular car
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 09:40:43 AM »
I got docked at my first MCA show for that, they recommended I add them, but I am not going to do it as you can tell they were never there. My FB was built at the NJ plant April 15th btw.

Will have to look at more pictures to see if we have a pattern. 2 cars is IMHO not enough to make that assumption

Noticed the same thing and have not seen this before (not sure how you mix one side with another - but that would explain what we're seeing on this particular car

Sorry, that was your text from the original post in between the pics I should have removed that. Mine don't look like that. the studs have paint but not the nuts.

Also I checked my carpet while getting the car ready for the grand national show this week, it is the same as of your example with non sewn edges at the firewall and the qtr panel

Also take a look at my  trap door arm attachment point under the car. The inserts are there but if you notice they missed the insert on one with one of the screws.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:46:01 AM by AU SNK »
Unrestored 66 Metuchen, NJ Fastback 6T09C2435XX
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 09:04:20 PM »
Also take a look at my  trap door arm attachment point under the car. The inserts are there but if you notice they missed the insert on one with one of the screws.

Unfortunately nothing done at NJ plant surprises me :(
Jeff Speegle

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 07:14:06 AM »
My 66 NJ GT Coupe is very original and numbers matching for if you need more pictures and stuff?
66 Metuchen, NJ  GT Coupe
Raven, Deluxe Black Int
6T07A1612##
BODY  COLOR   TRIM    DATE   DSO   AXLE  TRANS
    65B     A      66           02M     22          1     6
Buck Tag:
C/O  362  (Customer Order, Rotation Number)
5    M7 (Weld Bay 5, Bucked Dec 7)
PIO (Performance Image Option - GT)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 05:22:04 PM »
My 66 NJ GT Coupe is very original and numbers matching for if you need more pictures and stuff?

Always happy to receive more pictures. I you want to figure out how you want to get them to me let me know. Owners from around the world have been very kind and have sent hundreds of pictures of their unrestored cars during disassembly or just current condition using CD. DVDs or online photo albums \\Thanks for thinking of me
Jeff Speegle

Offline DanG

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »
A quick question, the car appears to have a passenger side torque box ?
I thought only convertibles had them in '66 ?
DanG

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
A quick question, the car appears to have a passenger side torque box ?
I thought only convertibles had them in '66 ?
DanG

If your referring to the pictures in reply #3 - those were posted by another member to illustrate a point in the discussion and not from 6T09C2860xx ;)
Jeff Speegle