Author Topic: NOS Blank Keys  (Read 6601 times)

Offline 69bossnine

Re: NOS Blank Keys
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »
Rick,

Thanks for that detailed explanation. Glad to find out that IlLCO was an original Ford supplier versus a a manufacturer of reproduction parts. Do you know if ILCO also made the keys that have the "H" marking?

Thanks,
Chris

I'm quite certain they were the only original manufacturer used by Ford at the time.

Offline mjd 65

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 11:29:45 PM »
I took some pictures of an NOS key I picked up in the early 80s. The pony side has an "H" but the Ford side does not have "USA."

Mel
July 65 silver blue Metuchen hardtop

Offline Chris

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »
I just bought two 65 NOS trunk keys. The two keys shown came out of the same Ford box. One has the USA visible and the other key has lost the USA, looks to have been worn off. Both have the H on the Mustang side. This points to the NOS Ford keys as coming with the USA on the Ford side of the key and an H or I on the reverse with the Mustang.

Chris
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »
As with a lot of things Ford, Ford used multiple suppliers..

So we have to take heed before making any final judgements....A general consensus is always best I have found before jumping to any conclusions.  All I know is that All my original keys for both of my cars...and they are the originals from new, All have the H instead of the I.   I just assumed that Ilco with the "I" was the Repro.. I in no way ever thought that it was a NOS key though it looks like one.  Interesting to know that story Rick...  Interesting.

Oh, and about the USA being there.  I have actually found some original "H" Blanks with them, and some "H" Blanks without the USA marking.  so I would say that they came both ways...With and without the USA, but with the USA marking was definitely more prevalent.

Tony K.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:37:47 PM by NEFaurora »
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001