Author Topic: 67 Fastback Interior parts, Which black paint/color/finish for which parts?  (Read 1737 times)

Offline 1965GTFB

This is for a 67 Fastback. NPD has 2 different Black Interior paints listed for 67.
Charcoal Black Metallic Part#AP4464
and
Black Satin Part#AP946

I have cans of both.

I think the Charcoal Black Metallic 4464 is for the dash and maybe the doors? But not sure which black is for the rear fiberglass panels on a fastback.

Any one know which is used for which parts?

I sent(e-mail) this question into MM Mag to the Restro Roundup(Bob Perkins) about a month and a half ago. Also asked if there is a PPG or etc. product that is correct. Typical type of question you see in that column. Have not heard back. Maybe the only way you know if they answer it is if it shows up in an issue months and months from now. I'm ready to paint all the interior stuff now, like today.

Thanks

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
First welcome to you and all the members who have joined this month

Maybe the black is for brackets like the fastback panels to body ones and such. IMHO all painted surfaces that will be seen - A pillar, doors, fastback panels, trap door, dash, ash tray were charcoal. That is what is indicated in the 1967 PPG painting guides/paint chips books also
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
If deluxe interior -hard backs and lower trim are satin black instead of dark Grey metallic. Kick panels are satin black too. The rest is the dark gray metallic. This is my observations others may have different.   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:53:11 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
If deluxe interior -hard backs and lower trim are satin black instead of dark Grey metallic. Get panels are satin black too. The rest is the dark gray metallic. This is my observations others may have different.

Didn't think of those since they are molded black rather than painted - like the console, but maybe that is what NPD had in mind or (as discussed often and elsehwere as a base for the Charcoal
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)