Author Topic: Common Mistakes 2013  (Read 8144 times)

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
Re: Common Mistakes 2013
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
Sometimes the organizations can become lumbering large ships difficult to turn and slow to get there JMHO ;)

Oh yeah, I hear you there.  I spend about 1/2 my time with one of those.  That is why it is refreshing to be here for a while, where discussions and the internet actually have some impacts.  The Judging Chair of one of those big ones was let go recently, and man what a firestorm that caused, we are not recovered from it yet….. 8)

Good to see theses kind of threads available for the members who are still learning, even after many years at MCA and SAAC, thanks!
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline ajd350

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 08:21:07 PM »
Maybe it would be a good idea to invite/refer any MCA (or any other Mustang club) concours entrant to this site when they enter. Since the automotive archaeology is ever moving forward with new knowledge and methods, it is much better than any book could be. A thread such as this one is in real time and is very helpful. As judges we all have the specific details that catch our eye, and as you see, the lists are not all the same. Not a bad thing, just the way it is. It's good to have a heads-up to be aware of things some of us never thought of, like the washer fluid.

Keep 'em coming!
MCA #2254

Online Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 08:34:37 PM »
Be sure to fill out your battery ok decal, too.  ;)

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

MCA National Show Committee Chairman

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »
Be sure to fill out your battery ok decal, too.  ;)
That's a good topic Laurie, and just how should they be filled out, or should you buy the pre filled-out ones that claim to be "concours"?
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2014, 11:29:35 PM »
That's a good topic Laurie, and just how should they be filled out,

Might want to start a thread in the appropriate section and do a search some of them have been covered here before. First step though is buying the correct sticker since there are a few different versions depending on year

or should you buy the pre filled-out ones that claim to be "concours"?

Though the base produce is different from original (vinyl instead of paper) if you have a 1969 -73 Dearborn that might be a choice. If you own anything else they are not correct IMHO  Just about every plant did something different - almost every year or two ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)