Author Topic: '66 Shelby Interior Panel Installation  (Read 1701 times)

Offline kcode6

'66 Shelby Interior Panel Installation
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:17:40 PM »
Did Shelby employees dutifully reinstall the interior quarter panel lower carpet inside the rear floor carpet as it was done at Ford, or did the workers just push the panel back in and over the carpet? 

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '66 Shelby Interior Panel Installation
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 08:46:19 PM »
Seen  them both ways though most of the time the carpet just barely reaches in those corners on a late 65 and 66 carpet do the finished edge of the floor carpet is normally seen.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline kcode6

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 01:42:52 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  It appears that the carpet piece on my panels are original because neither edge is finished.  But, it is really long and looks funky when not tucked in behind the finished edge of the new rear floor carpet that is being installed.  But, I can also see Shelby not wanting to take the time to unscrew the rear carpet and tuck it in and then rescrew the carpet back down.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:10:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  It appears that the carpet piece on my panels are original because neither edge is finished.  But, it is really long and looks funky when not tucked in behind the finished edge of the new rear floor carpet that is being installed.  But, I can also see Shelby not wanting to take the time to unscrew the rear carpet and tuck it in and then rescrew the carpet back down.

"Rescrew the carpet back down"? Most of the time the finished edge of the floor carpet gets moved around with people getting in and out of the back seat (if used) or if the edge is slightly shorter and does not reach the quarter trim. Odd that your quarter carpet is "long" - longer that the plastic panel.  Maybe the guy gluing it on didn't get it right when the glue sat up
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)