Author Topic: Trap door hinges  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Keithc8

Trap door hinges
« on: February 20, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
 I saw this discussed somewhere on here before and never did figure out what color the trap door hinges should be. I have done them in natural steel color but it seems from what I have seen on here that they should be either semigloss black or the charcoal black. Any advise would be helpfull, getting tired of doing some of this twice.

Thanks, Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Trap door hinges
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 07:53:45 PM »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Keithc8

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:24:38 AM »
 I saw that and then got on the MCA site and it agreed with what you had said about the semigloss black paint so I  I went with that.

Thanks, Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:43:25 AM »
I saw that and then got on the MCA site and it agreed with what you had said about the semigloss black paint so I  I went with that.

Though Ford referred to it as Black the correct color was Dark Charcoal metallic.  Will have to double check the MCA rules and correct them to state that they would match the trap door for that year

Sorry for any confusion
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Keithc8

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 03:18:36 AM »
 Well I repainted them the charcoal grey black color. I know that all the metal was the charcoal grey black metallic color such as the dash and fold down but in my car it looks like the console and other plastic trim items were more of a regular black as well as the door panels and the seats. I assume that this is the way that they came from Ford.

Thanks, Keith