Author Topic: 1966 coupe with "Colt" emblems in Baltimore JY  (Read 1197 times)

Offline EJackson

1966 coupe with "Colt" emblems in Baltimore JY
« on: October 27, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »
Hello All,

I spent this past afternoon going through a couple of the nearby pick-and-pull yards, and came across a 1966 coupe in Baltimore which was rough (of course) but fairly complete. Originally was a 6-cylinder with manual transmission and Deluxe interior (65B), but previous owner put a 302 and automatic in and left the 4 lug rear axle and wheels. PO also left the manual clutch and brake pedals.  ::)

I was somewhat curious that the junkyard had written "Mustang Colt" on the side as if it was some special model, and car had mounting holes and shadows of what looked like "Colt" emblems on the C-pillars and on the deck lid passenger side. Emblems were gone by the time I got to this one.

I didn't think much of it at first, but after I got home I did a quick web search which turned up a few threads on other forums about a 1966 "Colt" package that a Baltimore dealer was apparently promoting as a tie-in to the football team, using Sprint package cars. I don't know enough about the Sprint option to say whether the car is or isn't one, but I noticed that the quarter panels did not have side ornaments or holes for them.

Car is Metuchen-built and still has buck tag and warranty plate.

If anyone has a burning curiosity to see the car, it is over at the pick-and-pull on Erdman Ave.

Ed.
1965 Convertible 5F08C600970
76A  P  29  16A  41  6  6
Prairie Bronze ext/Palomino int, black convertible top

Offline mjd 65

Re: 1966 coupe with "Colt" emblems in Baltimore JY
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 07:33:09 PM »
Mel
July 65 silver blue Metuchen hardtop

Offline EJackson

Re: 1966 coupe with "Colt" emblems in Baltimore JY
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »
That's one of the threads I found; somebody resurrected it a few months back and added the (possible) tie-in with the Colts that led me to believe there might be more to this than a previous owner putting Dodge emblems on a Mustang.

As an aside, I've seen worse. A few years back, my brother and I ran across a utility shed-kept unrestored 69 Shelby GT350 where someone put "GT350" on the deck lid using stick-on mailbox letters! :'(

Wasn't sure it was proper to reference other sites here, so I didn't. I also left out the business name of the junkyard, although anyone familiar with the area should be able to figure out which one I'm talking about. The JY also has a policy about not permitting cameras on-site, so I didn't think to take photos.

Ed.

1965 Convertible 5F08C600970
76A  P  29  16A  41  6  6
Prairie Bronze ext/Palomino int, black convertible top