Author Topic: Why So Many Carpet Screws in AMK's Kit?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Why So Many Carpet Screws in AMK's Kit?
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:34:09 PM »
Hi guys, I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. Most times when I've bought hardware from AMK, it comes with enough to do the job, and there's seldom any extra hardware left over.  On the '65-68 Mustangs I've seen, most have one or two screws that screw into the seat riser to hold the carpet down.  That leaves, at most, 4 screws on most cars (unless I'm missing something).  Why does the AMK carpet mounting kit list cars without a console using 10 screws, and those with a console using 8?  Where are all these extra screws supposed to go?
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Why So Many Carpet Screws in AMK's Kit?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:10:35 PM »
Depending on model year and body style there can be an additional 4 screws (other than the four for the seat riser) but more often an additional 2  installed originally.

Example early 65 fastback carpet with the vinyl sill covers the rear corners are often held down with that dark screws so that those corners (nothing else is there to hold them down) don't come up and cause people getting in or out of the back seat to trip I would guess.

Doesn't example why there are all those screws but might help to eliminate some additional ones ;)

An example - location varies and is a bit random from the ones I've seen

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:13:35 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline drummingrocks

Re: Why So Many Carpet Screws in AMK's Kit?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »
Thanks, I figured there had to be a reason!  ;D
Too much junk, too little time.