Author Topic: Any source for Green Rubber Pony Floormats?  (Read 1991 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Any source for Green Rubber Pony Floormats?
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:49:21 PM »
I've just finished up putting new carpet in my '67 coupe.  It has the Ivy Gold two-tone interior.  To me, the finishing touch would be a nice set of floormats.  I'm partial to the large rubber ones that were originally an option for these cars.  I know there's other styles out there, but I can't help but think these make the interior look more original and period correct.  The problem is that I can't find a set in green.  I know they've made them in the past, but NPD is showing out of stock in all locations, with no ETA on when any more will be produced.  Does anyone know where I might find a set of these?  And please, don't say NOS, as I simply can't justify putting those kind of parts (and money) into a garden variety '67 coupe.

Here's the mats I'm talking about:
http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/floor_mats_rubber_running_horse-138505-0.html
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline 69bossnine

Re: Any source for Green Rubber Pony Floormats?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
Scott Drake had been offering the green mats (they are the current supplier for the reproductions of the original Ford mats which actually were made by Rubbermaid), but it appears they've discontinued offering green. Probably due to low-demand not justifying doing the color-batch? I'm not sure. But you might want to email Drake directly for the scoop on it. Also, you should be able to find a set of left-over Drake greens SOMEWHERE "out there" on the internet.. We sold our last set this past Autumn..

Rick
NPD

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:59:08 PM »
Thanks Rick.  I figured there wasn't much of a demand for these.  The search continues...  :D

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
Greetings!

So in keeping with one of my New Years resolutions this go-round (there aren't many either), I am endeavoring to become a "contributing" member, rather than an on-going "lurker". So this is officially my first post. How 'bout them apples?

Try these guys at: http://www.themustangshop.com/catalog/catalog.cfm?action=partdetail&nPartID=2266&Cat=Rubber+Pony+Floor+Mats-Green

I'm good at finding parts if they're out there sometimes, although I don't necessarily know why this is the case all the time...

Let me know how this goes, ok?

VR/
-Lance
'66 San Jose A-Code Fastback
Wimbledon White, Standard Red interior
Build Date; 1-6-66
3rd owner, beginning in June of '87
VR/
-Lance

SJ Build Date: 1/6
'66 Fstbk: 63A M 25 06A 71 1 6
Many Original Options

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 08:49:51 PM »
Thanks Lance, I just emailed them asking if they had any in stock.  I'll keep this updated with what I find out.