Author Topic: '65-'66 Parking lights  (Read 1726 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
'65-'66 Parking lights
« on: February 28, 2010, 10:06:33 AM »
I have reproduction parking lights and gaskets installed on my '65.
They seem to stick out a bit from flush-(I thought they fit flush??) and it seems to be in the gasket (I think) it seems to "fat" (wide) on the "fat" side making it impossible for the lights to fit flush, I hade tried the lights without the gaskets at all and they go in completely flush-I really don't like this idea, and don't have anouther car here to compaire with-I don't think I've noticed on other cars that the gasket actually shows with the lights installed........Again, I am well aware that the fit of repro parts sometimes leaves alot to be desired but short of spending $500. for a set of NOS lights & gaskets can I do anything with these repros? I have even considered trying to fit the reveres light housing gaskets.......any constructive opinions? Thanks!

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: '65-'66 Parking lights
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
I had corespondence with "Brant" @VA Mustang over the weekend and he most graciously pulled out a Ford tooling front valance and trial fit a set of reproduction lights and then a set of NOS lights both without gaskets at first, then he installed reproduction gaskets on both lights separatly and he feels that the gaskets need some light trimming on the "fat" side so the lights will go in more uniformly, he did not try a set of NOS gaskets and he feels absolutely no need for me to spend the $$ on NOS lights to straighten out my problems.
I might add that "Brant" & Company at VA are absolutely topps in their customer service, it is always a true pleasure to deal with them.