Marketplace > Wanted Ads

early 1967 289 4V ENGINE Tag (bolt-on)

(1/4) > >>

67gtasanjose:
I would like to find an engine tag for my early 67 Mustang 289.
Build date: Nov. 2., 1966 (tag date code H,J or K preffered ?)
4 barrel, premium fuel engine. (tag code 235)
Automatic Transmission (suffix code-A)
San Jose Built (not sure if it would be Cleveland or Windsor plant)
Thermactor Emissions (if it matters)
Air Conditioning ( I don't think this detail matters)
Question is also, what SHOULD the layout be on this tag, for those of you who have Bob Mannel's book.

tim_morrison82:
do you want to send the tag info to www.martiautoworks.com and get one made?

67gta289:
They made C code GTAs, so you could go original with the tag, then say that you are mimicking a dealer intake/carb swap out.

Either way, the tag location is the same for a 289 thermactor engine, as shown in the picture.

The only data point I can offer close to your request is a Dec 20 C code, DSO 72 thermactor.  This was an E-236-B Windsor built engine at level 15.  The data code was "M", with no additional letters or numbers.  Kind of tight from a timing perspective.

67gtasanjose:
OK, I have found where i can get the bolt-on tags made up, but I now need the correct numbers to have stamped onto it.
I understand maybe Bob Mannel's book might help too, but I do not have one (yet)
So again, here are the stats:
67 San Jose built 289 4V Auto & Air with Thermactor. Scheduled build date Nov. 2, 1966
I've also installed a 3L00 8 inch locker out of a 69 Comet into it. I've found some tag info on that one, but maybe a confirmation there too.

DM_1964:

--- Quote from: 67gtaclone on March 21, 2014, 11:41:34 AM ---If they would do it for me, sure I would. Problem being that my VIN isn't correct

--- End quote ---
Marti Auto Works do cater if you don't have a tag, you can provide your VIN, and they'll research and provide you with an exact engine tag to suit...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version