Author Topic: 1969 4.1 Liter Special at the Ford Nationals at Carlisle  (Read 13391 times)

Offline specialed

Re: 1969 4.1 Liter Special at the Ford Nationals at Carlisle
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 12:45:31 AM »
yes I thought maybe dealer trade but the build sheet order code tells you how it was ordered & built.  But his window sticker has Danville IN dealer on bottom so if a dealer trade would they issue another window sticker with new dealer name & get glued back on window?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 12:59:30 AM »
yes I thought maybe dealer trade but the build sheet order code tells you how it was ordered & built.  But his window sticker has Danville IN dealer on bottom so if a dealer trade would they issue another window sticker with new dealer name & get glued back on window?

Not sure if the window stickers got placed in 69 before they were at the dealership and how many black ones each dealer had. Looking at a number of dealership pictures don't see window stickers on all cars on the lot or on rail cars. Guess that's a good discussion on a new thread about when, where and what versions were used in what year and region.

On second thought there was that Federal change that clarified and set out regulations about the window sticker. Don't recall when that came into law.... need to find that thread/post
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:35:54 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline olegoat

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2014, 08:39:47 AM »
If you look at the Marti report,it says that the car was sent to Roberts Ford in Danville,in.Don't know what exactly happened with this car,but I'm glad that I own it

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »
If you look at the Marti report,it says that the car was sent to Roberts Ford in Danville,in.......

Just a thought. Did you happen to get a copy of the "Eminger" or the shipping invoice from Kevin Marti? Wonder what dealer is listed on it. Just a another piece of the puzzle and might well be the same Danville dealer - but would be nice to confirm

...............but I'm glad that I own it

As you should be. Very fun and unusual
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Cigarwilki

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2017, 07:15:34 PM »
I just saw this, I have been MIA for awhile. 

The reason for the mirror color is probably as follows - The sport mirrors in 69 were painted in a different location than the body.  Ford was not going to go to the trouble of painting sport mirrors special order paint colors.  So, for special order paint cars, the choices were the standard chrome mirror, or generic black or white sport mirrors.  Makes sense.

Fran

My car has color keyed dual racing mirrors from the factory. Pastel gray. Pretty close to white though. Lol
1969 mustang: sport roof; sports appearance group; pastel gray; deluxe interior; factory 351W 4V with FMX and quad chrome tip dual exhaust, A/C, power steering, power brakes, front disc, AM radio; dealer undercoating (I think).