Author Topic: 70 Mach1 True Barn Find for sale  (Read 8068 times)

Offline Angela

Re: 70 Mach1 True Barn Find for sale
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 10:12:03 AM »
Yes, I've seen that sticker on my Mach1, thus I know the info is there. Unfortunately, life and family got in the way last night and I didn't have time to get out to the car last night. I'll try again today.

You mentioned the incorrect grille... if you read my initial post (and my previous ebay listing) you will note I indicated that it had the wrong grille and while the grille that is on the car is incorrect for a Mach, it does happen to be NOS. I want to make sure that everyone knows that while I'm no expert on 69/70 Mustangs, I do try very hard to be honest and transparent and thus I made mention of the grille. As explained to me when I bought the car, the PO accidentally broke the original grille while disassembling/storing the car and was sick about it. He said at the time he didn't have enough money to buy a new mach 1 grille, but the local ford dealer had the standard grille in stock and he could afford it... so that's what he bought.

I cannot speak intelligently to your comment/concern about the rear valance.

Forgive me, I truly thought I had made mention of the pin stripes; the PO was very proud of his work adding pin stripes. 

My plan is to relist it on ebay tomorrow and I will do my best to figure out and add info to the new listing concerning the paint color.

Offline Angela

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 11:47:51 AM »
Good news / bad news:

Bad news first: the sticker inside the driver's side door is present, yet totally unreadable... I cannot make out a single thing.

Good news: I took a few pics of over-spray and confirmed the same paint color appears everywhere, and more importantly in areas no one would ever repaint unless you were going through a concours restoration, which of course is not the case for this car (not yet anyway :-) ). I took a picture up inside the body panels beneath the package tray (inside the trunk), a pic of the overspray on the trap door hinge bracket and another pic of the paint inside the door panel. Again, it all appears to me to be the same exact color.

She's going back up onto ebay shortly.

Offline csgt428

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 01:06:52 PM »
I have an original paint 70 Mach and the bolts with the long washer? on the door have NO paint on them, neither does the weather stripping.... That car has been repainted in my opinion.
66 GT 350 FB tribute 450HP Hoo HA
67 XR7 "S" C-6 4-sale proj
68 FB "J" 5-sp resto mod under constr Hoo HA
68 CSGT "S" code 4-sp returning 2 orig
69 Cobra "R" code C-6 proj
69 Mach SCJ C-6 proj
70 Mach "Q" 4-sp proj
70 Cobra SCJ "J" C-6
71 Torino GT "J" 4-sp
72 Mach "R" 4-sp
72 Conv "Q" C-6

Offline Angela

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 02:27:33 PM »
Thanks for your comment. For the record, I'll repeat my words from several previous posts: I've never stated nor attempted to imply the car hasn't been painted. I've tried to make mention that I think *portions* of this car have been painted/touched up (that's why you see over-spray on the weatherstrip. The only point I've tried to make clear in this discussion about paint is that the *color* appears to have been kept as original.

I think I've belabored this thread enough. Any further questions, send me a PM as I'm going to let this thread die after I post the new ebay link.

Offline Angela

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
ebay item # 271663102505

Offline Angela

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »
I have the worst luck. First time through ebay someone pushes the buy-it-now button but doesn't pay. 2nd time around the auction ends for less than I had hoped, but the buyer cancels. Ugh. I could scream. No more auctions. I might toss it back out one final time with a buy-it-now only option, else I keep it and move it to a new location. It's such a clean unibody anyway, I know I'll regret selling it.

Offline Angela

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
This car has been sold.