Author Topic: 67 S code air cleaner service decal - Dearborn  (Read 1593 times)

Offline ruppstang

67 S code air cleaner service decal - Dearborn
« on: September 17, 2017, 11:32:54 PM »
Does anyone have a photo of a 67 S code  air cleaner service decal location. If it matters the air cleaner body has the two screens.
Dearborn car built 2-15-67
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 05:00:14 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 S code air cleaner service decal
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:08:31 AM »
Yes makes allot of difference.

Let me look to see if I have a picture of an unrestored example for you
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Futura

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:58:00 PM »
1967 GT 390

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 12:20:35 AM »

Yes that is the air cleaner housing we have but I am asking where the element service decal is located and what it looks like.
thanks Marty

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 04:47:49 AM »
Found this with a group of what was presented a NOS C7ZZ-9600-F air cleaner (with a matching number box).

Found it interesting that this decal was already attached to the base but here it is at about 2-4 o'clock.  Don't see that many of this style in Calif so didn't have any on cars. Should answer the question for you Marty

As we can see the screen is located where it would normally be applied on other types of V8 air cleaners that year

Jeff Speegle

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 05:20:37 AM »
A side note, the example "Futura" shared was for "Open Emissions" (no breather elbow nipple where the "FRONT" decal is incorrectly placed on the base) and the example Jeff shared was for "Closed Emissions" (has elbow breather hose nipple on front).

I say this because many may not understand the "Open Emissions" vs. "Closed Emissions" although both are commonly found.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:03:01 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 04:42:18 PM »
Yes so many possible air filters for this year and engine application  ::)
Jeff Speegle

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 09:44:11 PM »
Found this with a group of what was presented a NOS C7ZZ-9600-F air cleaner (with a matching number box).

Found it interesting that this decal was already attached to the base but here it is at about 2-4 o'clock.  Don't see that many of this style in Calif so didn't have any on cars. Should answer the question for you Marty

As we can see the screen is located where it would normally be applied on other types of V8 air cleaners that year

Thanks Jeff,
I am surprised by both the location and the decal. I expected to see it located on the drivers side ahead of the screen. From what I can see in your picture it looks like the 68 and latter red and white decal. Do you suppose it could be because it is a NOS part and a latter decal was used?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 04:57:51 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 09:56:37 PM »
Thanks Jeff,
I am surprised by both the location and the decal. I expected to see it located on the drivers side ahead of the screen. From what I can see in your picture it looks like the 68 and latter red and white decal. Do you suppose it could be because it is a NOS part and a latter decal was used?

Not sure if the location really surprises me much. Not sure if it would fit as easy in front of the screen but there it is on at least this example. Looked at other pictures in the set and could not make out dates on the shipping label or on the box as we can sometimes :(

Looks to me like it could be this 67 AUTOLITE service decal without the 68 up style part numbers. Same one we find that year on small blocks and 6 cylinders Because of this possibility don't think its a later decal placed on an earlier base. Not like the incorrect reproduction with the part number and FA number made for this application

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:01:09 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 11:52:32 PM »
I expected to see it just forward of the screen because that close to were the 68 label is. The only label I could find listed for 67 S is a Black and white
Air Cleaner Part NO.
C7ZF-9600-F  :(
Do you know of any correct reproductions of this label?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 01:10:26 AM »
I expected to see it just forward of the screen because that close to were the 68 label is. The only label I could find listed for 67 S is a Black and white
Air Cleaner Part NO.
C7ZF-9600-F  :(
Do you know of any correct reproductions of this label?

They use to, at least, make a late 68-up style service decal with the C7ZF-9600-F. Hopefully they stopped making it because no one was buying it Don't know

Like allot of details its always surprising what some of use thinks is common knowledge while to others its not know. Just one of the reasons we started and continue to support this site ;)  And as its often said "we don't know what we don't know"   Happens to each of us at some point.

That same decal was used through part of 68 it appears. In fact the top most one in my prior post is from a 68 example (8T03J118xx). There has been discussions on other forums over the years showing them popping up on period pictures of the first 428 CJ engines like the "135" cars.

And an early 428 equipped Cougar

Sorry can find a better resolution picture at the moment

And from a 68 Cougar ad

About 6 years ago one owner made a short run of them in paper like originals but have hears a peep since them. Apparently since no one is taking off for the later versions (with part numbers) on earlier 68's and for 67's (MCA judges might not be aware of this possibility) we don't have anyone making them nor an educated market for them if they were made.

Doesn't look like a difficult decal to make free hand but having a real one to compare to and get it right is going to be a bit of a challenge but there has to be one or more originals still on an air cleaner since they were used on a variety of engine sizes, models of Ford products and over a year of applications
Jeff Speegle

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 08:44:53 AM »
Jeff thanks for all of your help on this. I do not know how I could learn about details like this with out this site!
Marty

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 09:08:26 AM »
Jeff thanks for all of your help on this. I do not know how I could learn about details like this with out this site!
Marty

+ EVERYONE else!  8)
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 03:04:29 PM »
Just need to find a nice original and get ECS or someone else to reproduce them on paper with the clear top film like original
Jeff Speegle