Author Topic: MustangTek changed  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Tiny

MustangTek changed
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:20:26 AM »
Apologies if this has already been discussed but does anyone know why MustangTek has been changed.  It had some great information on Autolite 4100 etc but it is no longer there.

thanks
67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: MustangTek changed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 04:41:42 PM »
Apologies if this has already been discussed but does anyone know why MustangTek has been changed.  It had some great information on Autolite 4100 etc but it is no longer there.

thanks
They are still up.   http://www.mustangtek.com/carburetors/FordCarburetors.htm  . I hadn't checked that part before. Is there less now then before? I know I have gotton frustrated trying to figure a way to contact them for adding information etc.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
Have no idea why.. Going for the more professional look but a more cookie cutter one. Single angle pictures are not IMHO going to be as helpful as multiple "hobbyist" views with more information

Again - no idea but wonder if its been sold and their prepping for ad generation and syndication as we have on other sites.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Tiny

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 05:58:17 PM »
Possibly changed hands but no indication.  The Carburetor section used to be very comprehensive, all versions of Autolites, with information on their code information, what vehicles they belonged to etc.  Not sure if other areas have changed but I used to use their carburetor information a great deal.
C6, PS, A/C

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 06:10:21 PM »
Maybe they will fill in the blanks later

Did notice a link to Mustang Monthly at the bottom of the page that included similar looking and staged pictures. Wonder if there are some advertising dollars that way. At least there is an agreement for linking and usage one would think.  Any thing on the web rarely stays the same for any length of time generally
Jeff Speegle

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 06:13:51 PM »
Possibly changed hands but no indication.  The Carburetor section used to be very comprehensive, all versions of Autolites, with information on their code information, what vehicles they belonged to etc.  Not sure if other areas have changed but I used to use their carburetor information a great deal.

Yes, the carburetor section definitely changed.  I also used the site to see get an idea of what part number went with what application.  Major bummer.   :(
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 07:40:28 PM »
Too bad, that site was always very helpful to get the correct part and engineering numbers on your restorations.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

priceless

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »
This is strange....

As always on my PC, I can just press "mu" and mustangtek.com automatically comes up with full site as the past.
But If I click on Bob G's attachment, then it is downsized. So, I went to firefox, and typed in mustangtek.com, and it's also like Bob's attachment, and also downsized.

I'll probably just keep typing "mu" and hopefully the full site keeps coming up. But, I won't bank on it.

Offline sah62

• Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 03:45:10 PM »
This is strange....

As always on my PC, I can just press "mu" and mustangtek.com automatically comes up with full site as the past.
But If I click on Bob G's attachment, then it is downsized. So, I went to firefox, and typed in mustangtek.com, and it's also like Bob's attachment, and also downsized.

I'll probably just keep typing "mu" and hopefully the full site keeps coming up. But, I won't bank on it.

Your browser most likely has a cached copy of the old site content. It will get flushed and updated eventually.
Scott Hollenbeck
Administrator, Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
Owner, Muscle Car Research LLC
1970 Calypso Coral R-Code Mach 1 (10/69 T)
2019 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T AWD
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
(more non-Ford stuff)

priceless

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 08:04:44 PM »
Probably so sah62, just can't figure why mustangtek is decreasing the information on their site. We need the information in this hobby!!

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »
All their fuel pump stuff is gone too.
I wanted to look up a hi-po f/p and the entire folder is gone.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 10:20:17 PM »
Maybe their going through a rebuild a little at a time rather than do an off line build and substitution (sure there is a techie term for it) of the whole site at one time
Jeff Speegle

Offline WT8095

• Dave Z.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 11:01:06 PM »
There are links to the old carb sections with all the detail photos. Could use a better design to make it more obvious.
Dave Z.

'68 fastback, S-code + C6. Special Paint (Rainbow promotion), DSO 710784. Actual build date 2/7/1968, San Jose.
'69 Cougar convertible, 351W-2V + FMX, Meadowlark Yellow.

Offline Tiny

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 04:41:21 AM »
thanks WT8095.  The tab for the Autolite 4100 and other Ford Carby's are greyed out and there is no link unfortunately.  The links are only for the Holley's
C6, PS, A/C

Offline ramblewood390GT

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »
Some other resources that might help.

1.) HTTRACK website copier: allows you to copy and download an entire website for offline viewing.

https://www.httrack.com/page/2/

2.) The wayback machine lets you view a website snapshot from the past:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/mustangtek.com

You can pick a date and maybe see what the pages looked like at that time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:35:50 AM by ramblewood390GT »