Author Topic: Console Glove Box Wiring Harness Label, 64 And Early 65 -  (Read 538 times)

Offline jwc66k

Console Glove Box Wiring Harness Label, 64 And Early 65 -
« on: January 23, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »
I needed another paper label for a 64 and early 65 full length console glove box wiring harness so I carefully removed one from a harness I had, scanned it, "fixed" it in some software I have and made a label. This is a separate harness for consoles with the glove box light installed in the rectangle hole in the (removable) end plate. It is not used on later 65 or any 66 full length console. (Note that the part number is for a Thunderbird application, C4SB.)
The first picture is my original scan. It shows the label color as a light tan. The crud is on the tape I used to hold the old label flat to scan it. I had to use tape to hold it flat as the original, 54 year old label was very brittle and the paper cracked as I tried to get it to lay flat.
The second picture is my reproduction of the strip. I made the reproduction long enough to cut an appropriate length with enough length to cut a second label if necessary. For reference, the label width is as indicted, 3/4 inch wide. Use that to adjust your printer for the correct width. The required length is about 1 3/8 inches long, and consists of a repeated combination of the part number and/or FoMoCo logo. To get the look of a jagged tape dispenser end as the factory used, I used a 3M Scotch tape dispenser. This should be no problem as the tape dispensers are usually for 3/4 inch wide tape. I used contact cement to attach the label to the harness at the plug end over the end of the harness wrapping tape. The location was based on some of the original label still attached to the harness.
Feel free to use the second picture if you want or need a label.
(For the label used on 65 and early 66 full length consoles see:
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=4405.msg24469#msg24469
These two harnesses, and therefore labels, are NOT used together.)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Hipo giddyup

• There is no end to doing right. Giddyup!!!
Re: Console Glove Box Wiring Harness Label, 64 And Early 65 -
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 09:29:10 AM »
Nice job Jim!  What material did you use for the new label you created??? A type of paper?
1967 Springtime Yellow Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Metuchen built, Nov. 17th 66'
1966 Sahara Beige Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, July 21st 66'
1964 1/2 Pagoda Green Coupe, 260 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, June 30th 64'
1966 GT350 Fastback clone, 289 HiPo, 725cfm Holley, 4spd, SanJose built, Nov 25th 65'

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 12:30:30 PM »
hat material did you use for the new label you created??? A type of paper?
(It's printer paper. Don't tell anyone.)
I'm going to experiment with this label and spray the printed sheet with clear satin paint before I cut the label to size. I assume it will stiffen the label but provide some moisture and tear resistance.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:16:37 AM »
Nice job.  Thank you for sharing.
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C