Author Topic: 1967 Shelby headlamp harness part number tag.  (Read 1425 times)

1967 eight barrel

1967 Shelby headlamp harness part number tag.
« on: December 07, 2015, 11:08:26 PM »
I noted that NPD offers a harness decal that is Shelby only for the main headlamp/charging harness. Did the harness vary from the Ford part number for Shelby? The one installed on the new harness is red, the Shelby unique number uses a white tag. Which is correct?
The location for the tag also calls for installation about three inches from where it comes though the firewall.
Ford or Shelby tag?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 Shelby headlamp harness part number tag.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:42:59 AM »
I noted that NPD offers a harness decal that is Shelby only for the main headlamp/charging harness. Did the harness vary from the Ford part number for Shelby? The one installed on the new harness is red, the Shelby unique number uses a white tag. Which is correct?
The location for the tag also calls for installation about three inches from where it comes though the firewall.
Ford or Shelby tag?
I am not sure where NPD is getting their information. The main headlamp harness is regular Mustang with tach. The Ford tag was attached about three inch's or so from where it comes out of the firewall. The headlamp harness that plugged into to (low beam) or spliced into (high beams) ,was the only portion of the main headlight harness that was Shelby unique 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 12:53:05 AM »
Bob, first of all, thank you for replying. Secondly, did the leads spliced into the Ford harness that go to the inboard lights have a part number tag on them? The one that was on the vehicle when I acquired it lacked any kind of tag. Perhaps that is what the tags are for?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 01:35:33 AM »
Bob, first of all, thank you for replying. Secondly, did the leads spliced into the Ford harness that go to the inboard lights have a part number tag on them? The one that was on the vehicle when I acquired it lacked any kind of tag. Perhaps that is what the tags are for?
No . It was probably because they were made right at Shelby American and put on the car. No need to mark them because they were not made by a sub contractor and so couldn't get mixed up with anything else.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby