Author Topic: Silver Springs Roundup 2013  (Read 1878 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Silver Springs Roundup 2013
« on: January 01, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »
19th Annual Mustang and Ford roundup at the famous Silver Springs nature park near Ocala, Florida January 12 & 13

I just read in Mustang Times that the MCA will have a presence at the show this year.....as far as I know this is the first time for this....

What, exactly does this mean?  are they going to set up a tent to promote the Mustang hobby & sell memberships? are they going to be looking for cars to feature? are they going to buy lunch for all participants? what?

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: Silver Springs Roundup 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:11:57 PM »
are they going to set up a tent to promote the Mustang hobby & sell memberships?
Most probably.  I doubt seriously that they would pay lunch for over 1000 entrants....
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:26:38 AM »
Randy, Are you going to make it down for the show?

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
I went a couple of years ago when MCA had its annual meeting in Silver Springs.  The show is overwhelming: 1000+ vehicles.  One gets overloaded with beauty.  Weather is typically an issue: either it is cold, wet, or hot and one can't tell ahead of time what it is going to be.  Rick Schmidt was and is a great host.

As for this year, I am not planning on going.  I will be at the Pensacola and the Orlando shows later this year.

Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »
-I have been going for close to 15 years now, yes, the weather is a crap shoot for sure!
-I never knew the MCA had any dealings with this show nor had any meetings there.
-I thought the MCA was strictly MUSTANGS, and with all the other beutiful vehicles there they wouldn't be interested.
-I'm hearing that the owners of Silver Springs are having a hard time and that the State of Florida is thinking about purchasing it.
-I think that if the MCA gets involved with this nice non-judged show that attendance of non-Mustangs will suffer.
-Kinda like messing with the nature park itself.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:20:37 PM »
It is my understanding that the MCA will only be there to spread intrest in the club and recruit new members.