Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Coupe trunk filler panel
« Last post by 67gta289 on Today at 09:14:52 AM »
My Dec SJ had the phillips head screw type for this situation.
Interior & Trunk / 65/66 spare tire - pin or hook?
« Last post by fast66 on Today at 08:20:43 AM »
Hi, we had a discussion about when the change from slot/pin to loop/hook for fastening the spare tire, happened?
I read something about a TSB from feb1 -65 but someone else said "early" -65...

Anyone in the group that can clarify when this change happened?

Thanks,
Claes
Wanted Ads / Re: 1967, 68 Windshield Trim Spacer
« Last post by Craners on Today at 07:49:59 AM »
Still looking, any leads appreciated.
Also interested in buying one at a time. 
Needed to complete windshield trim installation.

Thank you.

Fran
Hi,

Is this reasoning correct?
The block cast date is end of September
The car manufacturing date is beginning of October
Thus, the timeframe between engine and car meeting eachother is limited to a few weeks around end of September, beginning of October.
So engine assembly most probably is in that short timeframe.

If this reasoning is correct, can we determine what water pump should be used?

The assumption herei s that the water pump was fitted to the engine, before the engine was fitted to the car

Maybe I'm getting this all wrong. I'm eager to learn.
Drivetrain / Re: Autolite 4300 Carburetor C9ZF-F
« Last post by CharlesTurner on Today at 01:22:47 AM »
For some reason carb rebuilders have a hard problem getting 4300's to run right. At least from mine and just about everyone I know experience. If anyone has FIRST hand experience with someone who can rebuild a 4300 and make it run properly there are a lot of us out here that would like to know . Many say that they can but when you get the pretty restored carb it doesn't run right or runs ok for a week and then goes to s#!t.  Many enthusiasts just give up trying to get one to run right and run a Holley.

Truth.  They are a serious pain, I'm dealing with one now, can't say how many times I've had it apart now.  One mod is to install a secondary needle block off plug which seems to help with common flooding issues.  They are fairly simple carbs as far as the number of parts/pieces that get replaced during a rebuild.  It seems they are quite sensitive to fuel pressure also.
1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Coupe trunk filler panel
« Last post by Deuce on April 24, 2024, 11:25:29 PM »
1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Remote view mirror glass date code
« Last post by dkknab on April 24, 2024, 09:49:53 PM »
Following the decipher you describe, it seems odd that the numbers on the several "JC" mirrors I have seen so far are all SEPTEMBER dates (or is it?). If others concur, this code on my mirror would be 1966, September C7 engineering. This fits well to my need but I have t wonder why there are other 1967 examples like  1 DM1 7 OR 4 DM1 3

I was beginning to think there were two suppliers. JC and DM

Maybe too complicated to understand at this point in time...

Very old thread but I'm trying to get a handle on the etching on my side door mirrors.

My driver side is etched 12-DMI-7
My passenger door mirror which I have no documentation confirming when it was installed is 6-DMI-7

The base my passenger mirror is C7AB17743 A. Below that is 15 15 53 1

What do these numbers tell you?
Jim,
I have the cast date indeed from the spot near the starter.
When the car was prepared for the Belgian vehicle inspection that it had to pass, I had the starter motor removed to have a picture of that casting number.
So, do we have sufficient information to identify which water pump is needed?
We can be pretty sure of an assembly date close to okt 1st 1965 (while the car model is already a 1966.)

In short: do we have sufficient info as to which water pump to get hold of?

Again, that's the engine block casting date, NOT the engine assembly date. Back to my reply, number 9 for ENGINE assembly date location.
Jim
C60E-A is and will always be the correct answer in my eyes

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
Drivetrain / Re: Autolite 4300 Carburetor C9ZF-F
« Last post by jwc66k on April 24, 2024, 07:57:36 PM »
For some reason carb rebuilders have a hard problem getting 4300's to run right. At least from mine and just about everyone I know experience. If anyone has FIRST hand experience with someone who can rebuild a 4300 and make it run properly there are a lot of us out here that would like to know . Many say that they can but when you get the pretty restored carb it doesn't run right or runs ok for a week and then goes to s#!t.  Many enthusiasts just give up trying to get one to run right and run a Holley.
Ain't that the truth. I took me over 10 years to get these Webers to run right on my VW engine. The experience got this one offf a 66 done in a day. See attached.
Of course you can wait around and hope a restored one shows up. Since that carb is not in high demand most that restore and sell will not put the time and money into it to sit on a shelf. Your best chance is to find one used and have it restored. best of luck on your search.
If you do get the one you need and it does need a rebuild, scratch some "code" on the underside as an ID and take a picture of it. A couple of members of my Mustang club sent their carbs out to get rebuilt only to get something else backJim
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10